Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fabulous Las Vegas

So this week I was at a conference in Fabulous Las Vegas, NV. I flew there on Wednesday and back on Saturday. After last week, I was determined to stick to focused workouts, none of that improvisation stuff I had been doing so far. Before my trip, I researched the facilities at my hotel and BINGO! the hotel had a pool and a gym. So I figured, I could get my swimming done in the hotel pool, my biking in the hotel gym, and my running outside, very early. Did that work? NO!
The pool was beautiful but a bit of a joke. It looks pretty big on the picture (trick photography) but it was less than 10 yards long. Flip turning on one end pretty much guaranteed a bump on the head on the other end... 

 The itsy bitsy tiny swimming pool (max 10 yds long)

The gym was similarly sized: 2 treadmills, one elliptical, and one RECUMBENT bike... I went there on Thursday morning, around 4.30 AM. Needless to day, I only lasted 20 minutes on the treadmill (the bike was being used by someone else), before succumbing to claustrophobia. So I called it quits (I was giving a conference presentation that day so I did not want to try anything too adventurous).

On Friday morning, I went for a run at 5.30 AM. I woke up at 4, but had to wait until daylight. Jetlag is awesome that way: my run felt like a midday stroll, without the scorching heat! I ran for 6 miles along the Strip and felt like a champ!

I passed all the famous Las Vegas landmarks: including Paris.
A Paris...

All the drunk individuals walking home were cheering along and trying to high five me. I humored some of them. Boy, those were the shortest 6 miles ever (6.6 to be exact).
Local Superstars (during my 6PM sightseeing stroll)

Saturday, before my flight, I went for another 9 miles at 5.30AM. Those were slightly more adventurous, including a drug bust along the route (not me, I promise). All in all, this was a good trip. Too little working out, quite a lot of work, and a bit of sightseeing...

Today, I woke up with a cold that could become nasty. I decided to take the day off from working out and SLEEP! My hubby is taking good care of me and letting me indulge.

French Pastries from Bellagio

1 comment:

  1. Nice job getting your workouts in while away, hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete