Friday, July 23, 2010

Windsurfing Mini-Vacay

The last leg of my parents' visit to the US involved a trip to NC, to see my in-laws on their home turf. Last year, I had decided that my reward for defending my dissertation would be windsurfing on the outerbanks. PERFECT! The hubby and his buddies stayed at the parental residence in Cary, NC. All four parents and I went to Duck, NC for two nights. The trip involved loads and heaps of good food (best steak, best mashed potatoes, and the most bestest chocolate fudge brownie sundae ever), two beautiful sunrises, a dolphin sighting, a kayak eco-tour, two runs, and... 3 1/2 hours of windsurfing.

 The 5 minutes spent reading on the beach...

Pre AM-run.

 Sunrise, with assorted dolphins...

Best for Last: Taking the Big Sail Out...

No comments:

Post a Comment