Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Biking Dragonfly

After my long run on Sunday, I had an awesome swim on Monday morning. I am still not in top swimming fitness. It took me 1 hour and 6 minutes to finish a 3,200 yds workout. Back in the good old days it took me 48 minutes to finish 3,000 meters... That was the summer of 2003, when I was between schools so I went swimming every day for two hours, sometimes twice a day. I have not put as much time in swimming as I have in running and biking, figuring that the swimming would come back to me soon enough.

I bailed on my bike workout last night, my legs and I were all tired and I thought I'd better not push it. I hadn't taken my regular day off and had two long runs in a single week. So I biked 25 miles at the gym this morning and will try to go for a short run this afternoon. The legs are a bit stiff and sore in places. But as long as the aches and pains are not in the same place from one workout to the other, I should be good, right?

So after the totally fantastic bike trainer that my awesome mom got me as an early b'day present, another cool surprise came last night. A package from REI, courtesy of my wonderful mom-in-law. My very own dragonfly bike jersey. I totally love it. The bike capris were also a hit. Now if only the weather could cooperate.

No comments:

Post a Comment