Monday, February 8, 2010

New milestone!

This is the indoor track at rec hall (in red). Sadly, there were no gymnastics going on.
So this morning I managed to run 8 miles, uninterrupted. I did not even stop to drink or walk or adjust or anything... That is a huge achievement for me, I don't think I have ever run that far. Also, since it was so slippery outside, I had to run 55 laps around the indoor track instead of enjoying 8 miles of scenic views.
I was actually supposed to run these 8 miles yesterday but fell off the training wagon. After an awesome Thursday workout, I took my bike to visit a friend. The weather was so beautiful and warm, I just had to, even though I knew my legs were shot. On Friday, I was supposed to ride 30 miles, but the weather was bad and I thought I would do it on the trainer. I bailed out after 60 minutes, and decided to do my 30 miles in the gym on Saturday (my day off). I went to the gym after a copious meal, and gave up on my 30 miles after 40 minutes. I wasn't getting my heart rate up and was pedaling a miserable 12mph. On Sunday, I had the lofty plan of running 6 miles on the treadmill (because it was so slippery outside) and then spend an hour on the trainer at home. You guessed it right, neither happened. I warmed up for 20 minutes on the bike (4.9 miles) and then started running on the treadmill. I started too fast (I guess) and gave up after about 30 minutes. And in the evening, when I got home, I ate ice cream, folded laundry and went to bed.
So what was different about today. Well, as my awesome hubby put it, I had to treat my training as "inevitable". I was meant to run 55 laps today. So I was going to run 55 laps. And I did. I started easy and kept going easy. I think I kept a very steady pace of +/- 10.30 miles. So, no more icy road excuses, there is always the indoor track :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment