Saturday, February 12, 2011

What was I thinking?

About a month ago, in the middle of my once-a-week working-at-home-day, an e-mail popped up, inviting me to sign up for the Groet Uit Schoorl run. There were10, 21, and 30k options and the races were taking place in the same area as Egmond-aan-Zee. I was still looking for a February race, so it seemed like a no-brainer. Five minutes later, I had signed up for the 10K.

I did the math today. I need to leave home at around 10, and probably won't be home before 7 or 8pm, to run a race that will hopefully take less than an hour... On the bright side, it is apparently a very beautiful area, and the weather will be cool and cloudy, with no rain.

I'm hoping for a PR. I will be better prepared than for my last 10K,  but not by much ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment